2. And you’re constantly telling them just how much you love them.
I believe that if you love someone you should tell them. And that’s why I tell my dog I love him everyday
— S. Crawf (@yourmomsartblog) November 30, 2015
3. You love to spoil them on their birthday.
4. As well as Christmas.
5. Sometimes you get them presents, just because.
6. Even when you’re asleep, they occupy your thoughts.
I had a dream about my dog cuddling me and now I wanna cry
— garrett (@elfgnostic) November 28, 2015
7. You use their photo as a background for everything.
8. Naturally, there’s the occasional argument.
I just got into an argument with my dog and I think she won
— Kate Goldsworthy (@GoldsworthyKate) January 23, 2015
“I can’t throw the ball if you don’t let me take the ball oh my god you are BEING SO IRRATIONAL”.
9. Sometimes it’s over who hogs the bed.
My dog likes hogging the whole bed pic.twitter.com/JfVDqLBxVC
— Jeremy Arteago (@jeremya23) November 3, 2014
10. Or who’s taking up too much space on the sofa.
Do you think the dog looks comfy taking up the entire sofa? pic.twitter.com/pZIlck1eYS
— Marie Buttriss (@Marie_0612) September 12, 2014
11. You’re always looking out for them.
I scratch my dog’s itches so he doesn’t have to scratch them. I think I’m in a relationship with my dog. 😂
— PerlaEstefania✨ (@EstefaniaOhhh) November 30, 2015
12. And you hate the idea of hurting their feelings.
What’s a nice way to tell my dog his breath stinks
— kristmas krycek (@JJTalkz) May 17, 2015
13. You love going out together. Whether it’s going out for a drink…
— Heather Peace (@heatherpeace) August 13, 2012
14. Or a trip to the beach.
15. You never run out of lovely things to say to them.
I always tell my dog she’s beautiful & I’m pretty sure she thinks it her name now bc she will only come to me when I call her that
— Haley Boswell (@Haley_boswell) October 19, 2015
16. And you have a ton of nicknames for them that nobody else would understand.
if my dog could talk, she’d probably say something like “stop calling me fart baby. that is not a fun nickname for me”
— Megan MacKay (@mmmegan) October 11, 2015
17. You’ve mastered the art of the couple selfie.
18. You serenade them once in a while, to keep that romance thriving.
Me serenading my dog and her hating me pic.twitter.com/ni2Wj5UqN0
— Drama Mama (@plskillmethx) October 6, 2015
19. You’ll find a way to keep in touch when you’re apart.
Today was a success because I got to FaceTime my dog and he misses me pic.twitter.com/ecPJruRwAu
— frosty the jumpman (@JoshAdamPrice) December 7, 2015
20. But whenever possible, you’ll rush to be by their side.
– go out for dinner, intending to stay out past midnight – 11pm: start thinking about the dog – rush home to be with the dog by 12am
— HylianTom (@HylianTom) December 30, 2014