1. An alligator snapping turtle is hibernating under a sheet of frozen ice. These reptiles can be 4’2’’ in length and weight up to 132 lbs.
2. Kurobe Dam in Tateyama Town, Japan, makes people feel like ants.
3. This is Samson. According to his owner, his height is 6’2’’.
4. A bison named Boston gets bloodwork and gets tagged. He weighs about 3,000 lbs.
5. These tiny dots at the bottom of the photo are Bedouin nomads crossing the Wadi Rum Desert in Jordan.
6. This girl is sitting on top of the Abraj Al Bait.
7. Workers are standing in front of an Airbus A380 tail.
8. This is Queen Mary 2, a British transatlantic ocean liner, and its captain.
9. The oldest door still in use in Rome
10. The Triceratops femur is on the left, the African elephant’s leg is on the right, and a research fellow is lying between them.
11. The giant Chinese salamander
12. A moose on the road
13. King Alfred’s Tower in the UK and a tiny human standing near it
14. This is the Atlas moth. These moths don’t eat at all (they don’t even have a mouth) and live off the nutrients they accumulated in the caterpillar stage.
15. The Statue of Unity in India is the biggest statue in the world. It’s 787 ft tall if we include its base.
16. Astronaut Bruce McCandless became the first human who went into outer space “free-flying.”
17. Big bouquet.
18. This is Tianjin Binhai Library. If you don’t believe your eyes, you’re right. The books on the top shelves aren’t real — they’re just stickers.
19. It looks like this giant whale shark is going to bite the boat.
20. Salt mines in Iran
21. It turns out an adult man can easily stand in the submarine missile launch tubes.