25 Facts About Animals That’ll Make You Smile Even If You’re Having A Bad Day –
1. Cheetahs can’t roar, so they meow and purr instead.
2. Male penguins “propose” to their mates with pretty pebbles.
3. Using fMRIs, scientists found that dogs can recognisetheir human’s voice, and respond to emotions like love in the same way humans do.
4. And dogs can notice when their owners are being treated rudely, and will in turn snub that person.
5. Snow leopard and white rhino populations have been improving to the point that they’re no longer endangered.
6. When an elephant is upset or stressed, its herd mates will caress them with their trunks and make reassuring chirping noises.
7. And sometimes baby elephants suck their trunks the same way baby humans suck their thumbs.
8. Norway once knighted a penguin named Nils.
9. If a crow is in danger, their crow friends will come and back them up.
10. Cows have best friends.
11. Rats laugh when you tickle them.
12. When dogs lay down and do that funny leg stick-out thing, it’s called a sploot.
13. Otters hold hands while sleeping so they don’t float away from each other.
14. And they have a special pouch in their skin, under their arms, where they carry their favourite rock.
15. Trees help one another survive. If one in a forest isn’t getting enough sunlight or water, the others will send it nutrients through underground fungus.
16. Most sea turtles come back to the same beach they were born on to hatch their eggs and start their next generation.
17. A group of ladybirds is called a “loveliness”.
18. And a group of bunnies is sometimes called a “fluffle”.
19. Spiders have tiny paws and they’re actually hella cute.
— Rebecca Whetstine (@FriendsOfPipe) September 16, 2017