25 Feel Good Stories That Prove There Is Still Good In This World –
1. After four years of infertility, I’m 28 weeks pregnant. My dog, Arthur, loves to put his ear right on my belly. I think he can hear the baby’s heartbeat. And receive the occasional kick in the head. I’m so grateful, I never thought I’d be here
2. A mom helping her son with cerebral palsy skateboard for the first time
3. It’s not much, but it’s mine. After 18 years in an abusive marriage, another 9 years of living with black mold, water leaks, and being too broke to have the heat on, this is heaven.
4. This is part of the food my Dad and his church gave away this week. They run a food bank and provide food for families every month. The church only has around 30 members…but this month ahead of Thanksgiving, they gave away over 30k lbs of food to over 260 families! So proud of what he has done!
5. While waiting to board our plane, my daughter was approaching everyone and saying hi until she walked up to this man. He asked if she wanted to sit with him. He pulled out his tablet and they watched cartoons together, and she offered him snacks. This wasn’t a short little exchange, this was 45 minutes.
6. This stray cat has chosen its owner.
7. My uncle wanted to dance his last dance. We both were crying. He’s sick and would soon lose his balance and strength. This was 5 years ago.
8. Last year my wife and I lost three pregnancies in six months. Today our twin boys turned one month old. To say I’m happy would be an understatement.
9. My parents befriended a homeless war vet. They decided to give him one of their work SUV’s, complete with sleeping quarters. They included a bag of goodies and paid for the car to be insured and registered for one year. (They also hired him)
10. This is my husband holding our newborn. He had driven 8 hours to be there for her birth after witnessing his dad lose his battle with life only 48 hours earlier. There’s so much emotion conveyed in his posture here.
11. 10 months sober and been getting my teeth fixed. Can finally smile big in a picture!
12. 4 months ago, my daughters and I were staying at a shelter. It’s taken me too long to give them a decent bedroom. Despite the challenges, I’m quite happy.
13. I will more than likely lose my grandma tonight, but I will forever cherish this photo of my grandparents. Almost to 53 years married.
14. I work at a facility that houses the pets of domestic violence victims while they get back on their feet. A dog I fell in love with finally went home with her family after 8 months in our care. Looking into her kennel is bittersweet, but I’m still so happy.
15. After 16 years of little notes or drawings in her lunch bags, my girl just got her drivers license and first job. I decided to tape a note outside, so she can see it before she leaves and it won’t get lost. I’m officially that weirdly proud Mom.
16. First time buying shoes in 6 years that weren’t for work. It has been a rough few years so this was a great day for me!
17. My doggo with extreme anxiety got up on the sofa for cuddles for first time ever today!!!
18. I have abandonment issues I’ve been working on. I’m in a solid, healthy relationship and I’ve been working really hard on affirming myself without him, and I’ve been doing really well. Without telling my partner I was struggling, he got me my own key. It’s not much, but to me it’s everything.
19. Childhood was rough for me — I always said it would be different when I had my own family.
20. 32 years together and we still make each other happy. True love endures.
21. This is a woman’s first time signing her name to anything in months after having stitches in her wrist from nerve surgery removed half an hour earlier.
22. We got the house and are moving in. My dog will finally have a yard. One day we’ll have babies. This is my life. I never thought I’d have this.
23. My little cousin is going out to eat for the first time. She was abused by her father. We snuck her and her mother out of the house one day and brought them to a different state to start a new life.
24. #1 rule of celebrating your pets gotcha day is that you MUST.. and I can’t stress this enough… spoil them forever.
25. Students bought their color blind teacher glasses so that he could distinguish colors.