This Dog Mistakenly Ate An Edible In The Park And Was Too Stoned For Words
This is 18-year-old Seth Mersing from Orange Grove, Texas, and his beloved 3-year-old doggo, Rita Mersing.
Seth said that he was walking Rita in the park on Sunday afternoon when she began eating something on the ground.
Seth said that he wasn’t really paying attention to what she was eating. But around 30 minutes later, Rita started to act strangely. Seth said he began to freak out because he didn’t know what was wrong with her.
Later that night, Rita started to lose consciousness, and that’s when Seth and his parents decided to take her to the veterinarian.
After doing a drug and urine test, Seth said the vet told him that Rita had tested positive for THC aka marijuana.
“Since how tiny she was, she found I’m guessing a wrapper with the THC wax or an actual edible,” Seth said in a message on Facebook. “Dogs don’t know what they find!”
A staff member at the VCA Oso Creek Animal Hospital and Emergency Center confirmed that Rita tested positive for THC and was kept at the hospital overnight.
She had a detoxification done and an IV placed in her, Seth said.